Thursday, August 16, 2012

Where the hell have you been?

I've been sitting here for over 3 months waiting for you!  Wait, what?  Oh.  Yep, that's my bad.  I don't know why I haven't posted.  I really don't.  It's something psychological I'm sure though.  I've wanted to post.  And I've felt so guilty because during the PCFC (Purple Crumpet Fairy Challenge) I will go and check out others blogs and see my name listed at the bottom of everyones post with a link to my blog.  Sending poor unsuspecting nail junkies over here only to slapped in the face with two or three sorry posts.  I just cringe every time.  So why haven't I been posting if it's causing so much turmoil?  Well, I'm here now ain't I :D

Ok, what's been going on with everyone since I've been hiding away?  Please tell! I have been busy with the Summer Challenges over at PCFC I've done a fair number of them and will probably post some of the ones that actually turned out well.  I've also been trying my hand at stamping.  Trying it is. Indeed.  After a good 2 weeks of beating myself up and sweating and swearing and going through loads of polish I found out my plates were bad.  HA! It's funny now, but I was pretty pissed off at the time. I was starting to think that I was unable to do it.  If you have been having trouble stamping, here is a sort of a check list that some very kind ladies around the web helped me with.
1. Turn off any fans in the room. (fer realz)
2.  Use stamping polish or a thick one coater polish. (foils and metallics work great)
3.  Your stamper needs to be decent.  I do not recommend Salon Express's stamper.
4.  Maybe your plates suck.  Are you able to stamp some images but not others?  It's not you, it's the image! Phew! Try to call or email the company and get a refund.  Unless it's Red Angel and then good luck with that.  Still love their images, I just wish I could use them.

Did you notice I changed the name of the blog?  Do you like it?  My friend thought it up and I love it almost as much as I love her. Anyway, on to the Manicures shall we?  Um, I don't know which to post.  I've done a lot while I've been gone. I know, I will post the one that I was super proud of and bragged all over the PCFC wall until people started barfing on me and punching me in the throat to shut me up.  Ok, that didn't really happen, but, perhaps it should have ;)  Here are my sunflowers:

I also got a new (used) camera while I was hiding.  Much better pictures.  Sometimes too much better, I can see every single flaw with it, so you'll just have to ignore the flaws ok?  Want to see another picture? Ok you twisted my arm.



I used China Glaze in Secret Periwinkle then I used the cellophane dabbing thing with CG Tree Hugger and put a thin coat of Essie As Gold As It Gets.  I did all of this except for on my middle finger.  And you can't even tell! LOL The sunflowers are with acrylic paints.


I take most of my pictures in the window as that seems to get the best light.  Direct sunlight seems to glare too much.  There is probably something on my camera to prevent that, but I wouldn't know.  Well, there it is.  I finally did it.  I made a blog post.  See ya in another few months!  Kidding! (I hope)

-Jane

11 comments:

  1. Welcome back!!! Love the new name, the mani is really pretty...I suck at free hand art!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, it's good to be back :) I don't know if that's true about you not being able to free hand as I can't recall any, but, you ROCK when it comes to stamping! Thanks for stopping by! :D

      Delete
  2. Love it :) I got some acrylic paints, had a huge fail with them and shoved them in a drawer in a huff where they have sat for about a year. I should try again...
    Hx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You should! Just play around with them on paper for a while and then try it out over a mani that you're going to take off. I remember my High School art teacher saying that even naturally talented people have to practice. That's about all I remember from my art class, lol. Except that there were a few really talented people and it didn't seem like they needed to practice at all. It was very frustrating! I am not able to paint anything I want. When it turns out close to how I wanted it I get really excited! I have a feeling that would excel at painting. :) Thanks for reading my post Helly! x

      Delete
  3. Aw don't beat yourself up about it. Your sunflowers look damn good, I wish I could paint like that!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Also I have nominated you for the Liebster Award over at my blog... Do check it out :)

      Delete
    2. Thank you for the compliment! :) Please stop by to visit again :)

      Delete
  4. These are beautiful. You did an amazing job!

    ReplyDelete